Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Divine Connections pt.1

When God gives us a sneak peek of what is to come, we don't clearly know what He wants us to do. Sometimes we think it's for a simple reason but when things unravel, there comes a realization that He's got you in His big heart and He's planning something great for you. He works out every little detail for you--that's just how much He loves you. :-)

Flashback: August.
Ivane told me there's this girl who really, really, really, really wanted to see the documentary film 1040 and listen to Jaeson Ma speak. This girl, according to her, was planning to bring dozens of her churchmates and orgmates to the screening. In my head, I was like, "Whoa, that girl's driven! She'd do that for us?" And this girl, according to her, was an intercessor and a missionary. Okay. Talk about finding our person of peace from outside our little Core circles.

Weeks before the screening, Ivane was telling me that this girl and her friend are willing to inform JRev (I heart them!) of their desire to go to the screening even if it's the same day as their monthly gathering. Wow. Talk about passion.

In my mind I was thanking God for the wonderful people He's sending our team. During those days we really needed outside encouragement and if it wasn't for God's grace, we might've strangled each other from all the stress. The whole event was a battle. It felt like a battle. Even in my sleep, I was in battle. Everywhere, my spirit's in battle. But with every attack, my heart cries and screams out to God for Him to win this for me, for us, for the people who might need the movie. So having Ivane's friend help us in that aspect, even if we haven't seen her gave us great joy.

One day, while we were meeting, Ivane was still updating me about this girl and God stirred up in my heart to do everything to meet her. In the middle of the meeting I told Ivane to tell this girl to attend the volunteers' orientation. "Just tell her to come. She gave us more than what we have been asking for and I just want to see her! Just tell her! Please, please, please! Tell her also to come early so she can meet Jaeson and the rest of the team!"
When I logged on to Twitter, I found her account and followed her. Days following that, I added her up on Facebook and I saw that we went to the same university! When I told my Dad about this, he just said,

"Magsimula na ng Bible study. Nagpapadala na ang Diyos ng mga tao. Tumulong ka kaya? 'Wag ka nang magdalawang-isip." ["Start a Bible study there. God's sending people. Why don't you help out? Don't even think twice."]

I told him, "Dad are you serious?" And just like the martial arts master that he is, he just stared at me and said with his eyes. "I don't kid around, child!"

So I thought of his suggestion but I did not take any action.

Okay. Sorry for my crazy storytelling skills! I'll start on part 2 soon!
Love. Peace.Happiness. In Christ, Jev. :-)

No comments: